Machine Operator - Evening Shift
Budnick Converting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, IL (in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area), is a privately held and female owned corporation. Budnick’s primary focus is specialty converting of adhesive coated tapes and foams. Budnick remains on the leading edge of adhesive tape converting technology; currently utilizing over 50 cutting, slitting, laminating, printing and spooling machines to convert materials into labor saving customized parts. For more information on Budnick, please visit our website at www.budnick.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: Process and package orders according to quality work instructions on travelers using production equipment such as presses, rewind machines, spoolers, laminators, rewind tables, rotary and flatbed presses etc. producing production parts to required tolerances and specifications.
QUANTITATIVE DATA: Continuous lifting, moving, standing, and handling of production materials and equipment. Must have the capability of lifting up to 55 lbs. intermittently throughout the shift. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate machine properly. Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping and bending. Sufficient vision acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines, and visually inspect parts produced.
- Process orders according to quality work instructions, creating and updating work instructions when necessary.
- Operate production equipment and perform in process quality inspections.
- Utilize company software to perform essential functions (ie: clocking in and out of jobs, finding location of material, moving material, etc.)
- Package and load orders as per shipping instructions on traveler and work instructions, using pallet jack or forklift truck, ensuring proper paperwork accompanies the order.
- Observe and listen to operation of equipment to diagnose malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs, notify maintenance of any problems that arise.
- Clean department machines and work area on a daily basis. Work as a team to ensure entire production area is clean and clutter free.
- Perform duties safely and maintain high level of safety awareness. Follow operation standards and all department policies and company directives.
- Assist in process improvements.
- Alert team leader to conditions that create delays or affect quality of production work in a timely manner.
- Assists with other projects and tasks as required by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: All candidates must be able to read and write. A mechanical background is helpful. Strong attention to detail is needed. Machine operation experience helpful, but not required.
Night Shift Hours: 2:15pm – 12:45am M-Th or 4:00pm - 2:30am M-Th
BENEFITS: Climate controlled work environment. We offer a full benefit package including paid vacation, holidays, $25,000 of life insurance and short term and long-term disability benefit. We also offer medical (premiums paid 100% by Budnick for the basic plan), dental & vision insurance and a 401K retirement plan with a company match of 25% of the 1st 6% the employee contributes.
Starting Salary: $15-$16/hr or higher depending on experience.
Interested Candidates should apply on-line at www.budnick.com, under About Us - Careers.
Starting salary is dependent on experience and ability to pass a basic math test.
Equal Opportunity Employer
340 Parkway Drive
Columbia, IL 62236
M-F 8am - 4:30pm CST