Budnick's multiple slitting capabilities across several machines produce the highest quality converted rolls for each of your diverse applications, whether you need ultra-thin .03" rolls or wide width rolls for laminating, we have the flexibility to slit a wide assortment of materials regardless of their raw dimensions.
Lathe slitting involves spinning large log rolls of adhesive tape while a computer-guided blade slits rolls to your desired width
Rewind Slitting involves unrolling a large master roll of material through a series of strategically placed blades and rewinding rolls into your specified width and length.
What We Offer
Lathe slitting allows Budnick to quickly create slit rolls in specific, non-standard widths to meet the needs of your application. State-of-the-art lathe slitters enable operators to program blade direction, blade speed, and mandrel speed. Computerized controls ensure that every roll of product is slit to meet your exact specification, holding tight tolerances most other converters cannot match.
The electronic microprocessors control working functions for accuracy and repeatability on every roll, making sure that your products adhere to our strict quality standards with each cut.
Winding a large master roll through a series of razor, shear or score blades while rewinding the customized width rolls to a specified length gives a new level of flexibility and efficiency to your engineering and production departments. Extremely narrow or non-standard widths allow your design engineers the freedom not available when working with a small catalog of standard products and sizes. Also, longer machine length pancake rolls reduce downtime in your production process.
With proprietary processes creating cleaner more precise cuts thinner than others are capable of producing, Budnick's slitting solutions have helped numerous customers across a huge variety of industries. Read below to learn about some of our solutions!
Foam Gaskets for Cooler Doors
Long lead times and quality concerns lead to a cooler and freezer door manufacturer looking for a new, US based supplier
- Long lead times from China were slowing production
- Too much cold air was escaping from the cooler doors
- Budnick sourced and converted a polyurethane/polyester gasket
Case Study Environmental
A building materials manufacturer came to Budnick after experiencing failure with a tape they were using on their fiberglass insulation line.
- Used in a flying splice application, it needed to perform in extreme temperatures
- A double coated PET tape was found to work well in both winter and summer months
- A die-cut tab was supplied to the customer to better support the splice
Case Study Vendor Value
A customer was seeking a less expensive, alternative that would have to bond to a wide variety of veneer backings.
- The large veneer and edge banding manufacturer had been using an acrylic transfer
- A double coated acrylic tape with a paper liner was chosen and slit to size
- The anti-slip liner gave the customer an opportunity to brand their product