Budnick Converting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, IL (in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area), is a privately held and female owned corporation. Budnick’s primary focus is specialty converting of adhesive coated tapes and foams. Budnick remains on the leading edge of adhesive tape converting technology; currently utilizing over 60 die-cutting, slitting, laminating, printing (including flexographic printing), label making and spooling machines to convert materials into labor saving customized parts. For more information on Budnick, please visit our website at www.budnick.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: Collect, analyze, and prepare all necessary information to verify cost, and provide accurate and thorough material & labor cost estimates to customers for requested opportunities.
QUANTITATIVE DATA: Must be able to remain in stationary sitting position for 75% of the time. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. This position requires frequent communication with customers and other employees; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Handle all new opportunities for assigned accounts, working in conjunction with sales, account Managers, purchasing, production, other estimators, and vendors.
- Source material and define production methods to finalize request for estimates in a timely manner.
- Document and log all estimate information, converting instructions in the computer program for tracking purposes. Provide estimates to the sales representative, BDR or account manager.
- Work with team to follow up on samples and estimates.
- Work with sales representative(s), business development representatives, other estimators and account managers regarding customer business, new opportunities, follow ups on quotes and orders, managing business as a team. Serve as the responsible team member to provide customer quotes. Support all team members, covering for each other as needed to help take care of the customer.
- Work with BOM Specialist with questions regarding the Bill of Materials in the ERP System.
- Work with Pricing Estimator to calculate & provide cost estimates.
- Perform duties safely and maintain a high level of safety awareness.
- Assist in the development of long-term estimating strategies & help implement the plan(s) developed. Communicate estimation ideas and accomplishments to the Estimation Manager.
- Assist in the training of new department employees.
- Alert Estimation Manager to conditions that create delays or affect quality of production work in a timely manner, assisting in adjustments and changes needed to meet established deadlines.
- Follow operation standards and all department policies and company directives and assist with other projects and tasks as required by management.
Knowledge: Clear understanding of the converting business. Working knowledge of estimation processes. Product knowledge and capabilities.
Skills: Excellent mathematical aptitude required. Good organizational and problem-solving skills a must. Should have a working competency with all office equipment. Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
Ability: Conduct business in a professional, positive, and courteous manner. Listen effectively, respond clearly, write legibly, and read a variety of written orders/instructions. Work cooperatively with a variety of individuals. Gain the confidence and trust of others. Adapt to interruptions, changes, emergencies, repetition, and pressure without losing effectiveness and composure. Quickly grasp new concepts, approaches, or systems. Employ resourcefulness when problem solving to meet customer needs.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree or course work related to general business, math, engineering, or industry specific topics desired. CAD experience helpful, but not required.
Experience: Converting knowledge or previous experience at Budnick Converting a plus, but not required. Project Manager, Build of Material (BOM) Specialist, Estimator or Material Estimator experience helpful, but not required.
Quantitative Data: Office Environment
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, M-F
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Pay: Hourly wage
BENEFITS: We offer a full benefit package including the following that are paid 100% by the company: vacation, holidays, $25,000 of life insurance and short term and long term disability benefits. We also offer medical (premium cost shared with company), dental & vision insurance and a 401K retirement plan with a company match of 25% of the 1st 6% the employee contributes.
Interested Candidates should apply on-line at www.budnick.com, under About Us - Careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB DUTIES PERFORMED BY THE PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
340 Parkway Drive
Columbia, IL 62236
M-F 8am - 4:30pm CST