Budnick Converting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, IL (in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area), is a privately held and female owned corporation. Budnick’s primary focus is specialty converting of adhesive coated tapes and foams. Budnick remains on the leading edge of adhesive tape converting technology; currently utilizing over 60 die-cutting, slitting, laminating, printing (including flexographic printing), label making and spooling machines to convert materials into labor saving customized parts. For more information on Budnick, please visit our website at www.budnick.com.
SUPERVISES: Accounts Receivable Clerk(s) and Account Payable Clerk(s)
POSITION PURPOSE: Provide support and assistance to the accounting department in all phases of development and implementation. Runs and approves all payroll, reviews all sales tax codes and files returns, reviews all payments made, signs payable checks, creates and sends all ACH payments and assists in the creation of the general ledger and financial statement preparation.
QUANTITATIVE DATA: Must be able to remain in stationary sitting position for 75% of the time. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. This position requires frequent communication with customers, suppliers and other employees; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Interviewing, selecting and training new accounting department employees, ensuring employees are completely trained and knowledgeable.
- Apportioning the accounting department work among the workers, directing their work and determining the techniques to be used. Handling accounting department employee’s complaints and grievances and disciplining when necessary.
- Oversees or performs all aspects of the accounts receivable transactions including the setting up of customer credit limits and terms: running validations and reviewing accounts on credit hold. Works with customers to collect past due balances.
- Oversees or performs all aspects of accounts payable transactions including working with customer service, purchasing and shipping to ensure that the customer's and supplier's business is handled accurately.
- Performs all sales tax set-up and files all returns for multiple states.
- Performs payroll and commission processes, including filing all payroll taxes and payroll transactions.
- Posts general ledger recurring entries and adjustments.
- Assist in administering compensation and benefits program.
- Assists in monitoring Company profitability. Reviews reports necessary to assess profitability.
- Offers input in setting and adjusting employee’s rate of pay and hours of work. Appraising the productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in accounting department employees’ status.
- Determining the type of materials, supplies, machinery or tools to be bought for the accounting department.
- Providing for the safety of the workers and the property.
- Work with the IT department to identify opportunities to create efficiencies through process improvements and development within the Budnick processes and computer systems.
- Develop long term accounting strategies & implement the plan developed. Communicate accounting ideas and accomplishments to the management team.
- Alert management to conditions that create delays or affect quality of production work in a timely manner, assisting in adjustments and changes needed to meet established deadlines.
- Have a good understanding of all other department’s procedures and programs to increase the accounting department's efficiencies.
- Ensures compliance with operation standards and all department policies and company directives.
Assist with other projects and tasks as required by management.
Skills: Interpersonal and communication skills required. Good organizational skills and analytical skills a plus. Should have a working competency with all office equipment.
Ability: Conduct business in a professional, positive and courteous manner. Must be able to maintain confidentiality when dealing with employee information and company records.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Course work in accounting, management and business a plus.
Experience: Five years’ service at Budnick Converting, Inc. or equivalent experience at another company in a comparable position. Prior payroll/HRIS system experience preferred.
Quantitative Data: Office Environment
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, M-F
FLSA Class: Exempt
Reports To: VP of Finance
BENEFITS: We offer a full benefit package including the following that are paid 100% by the company: vacation, holidays, $25,000 of life insurance and short term and long term disability benefits. We also offer medical (premium cost shared with company), dental & vision insurance and a 401K retirement plan with a company match of 25% of the 1st 6% the employee contributes.
Interested Candidates should apply on-line at www.budnick.com, under About Us - Careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB DUTIES PERFORMED BY THE PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
340 Parkway Drive
Columbia, IL 62236
M-F 8am - 4:30pm CST