Customer Service Rep (Account Manager)
Budnick Converting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, IL (in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area), is a privately held and female owned corporation. Budnick’s primary focus is specialty converting of adhesive coated tapes and foams. Budnick remains on the leading edge of adhesive tape converting technology; currently utilizing over 50 cutting, slitting, laminating, printing and spooling machines to convert materials into labor saving customized parts. For more information on Budnick, please visit our website at www.budnick.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: Customers are our 1st priority. Assist customers in a prompt, friendly, efficient and accurate manner that builds customer loyalty and confidence to ensure their repeat business. Work in conjunction with sales representatives, estimators, purchasing and production to ensure that customer’s needs are handled all the way through the life cycle of an order.
QUANTITATIVE DATA: Must be able to remain in a stationary sitting/standing position for 75% of the time working from a cubical office environment. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. This position requires frequent communication with customers and other employees; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Answer telephone calls (3rd ring or before) and emails (before the end of the day) from new and current customers, sales reps. and vendors in a courteous and professional manner. Respond as soon as possible to customer inquiries. Document and log relevant customer information in the computer for tracking purposes.
- Enter orders, answer questions, resolve problems, follow-up to ensure promised deliveries are made and advise customers of availability, price and delivery schedules. Contact customer and/or sales rep. regarding any complication with an order (stock outages, backorders, delayed delivery, etc.)
- Work with sales representative(s) and estimators regarding customer business, new opportunities, follow ups on quotes and orders; managing business as a team. Support all team members, covering for each other as needed to help take care of the customer.
- Provide basic quotes out of the system or gather information from customer and/or sales representative for estimators to create quotes.
- Proactively work with all departments to solve problems encountered by the customer (credit hold, miss-shipped product, vendor expedites, damages, defective products, etc.)
- Process requests for credit and/or pick up for return of product.
- Review, monitor and adjust open orders at least 3 times per week.
- Work with vendors to gain an understanding of new and existing products and current promotions.
- Request samples from manufactures as needed to ensure that chosen production methods are applicable.
- Perform duties safely and maintain high level of safety awareness.
- Assist in the development of long term strategies & helps implement the plan(s) developed. Communicate ideas and accomplishments to the Team Point Person.
- Assist in the training of new department employees.
- Alert Team Point Person to conditions that create delays or affect quality of production work in a timely manner, assisting in adjustments and changes needed to meet established deadlines.
- Follow operation standards and all department policies and company directives and assist with other projects and tasks as required by management.
Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required. Good organizational and problem solving skills a must. Should have a working competency with all office equipment. Good mathematical aptitude.
Ability: Conduct business in a professional, positive and courteous manner. Listen effectively, respond clearly, write legibly and read a variety of written orders/instructions. Work cooperatively with a variety of individuals. Adapt to interruptions, changes, emergencies, repetition and pressure without losing effectiveness and composure. Quickly grasp new concepts, approaches or systems. Employ resourcefulness when problem solving to meet customer needs.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Course work related to general business, customer service or industry specific topics desired.
Experience: 2 plus years of customer service experience preferred.
Quantitative Data: Office Environment
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, M-F
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Pay: Hourly wage
BENEFITS: We offer a full benefit package including the following that are paid 100% by the company: vacation, holidays, $25,000 of life insurance and short term and long term disability benefits. We also offer medical (premium cost shared with company), dental & vision insurance and a 401K retirement plan with a company match of 25% of the 1st 6% the employee contributes.
Interested Candidates should apply on-line at www.budnick.com, under About Us - Careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB DUTIES PERFORMED BY THE PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
340 Parkway Drive
Columbia, IL 62236
M-F 8am - 4:30pm CST