Budnick Converting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, IL (in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area), is a privately held and female owned corporation. Budnick’s primary focus is specialty converting of adhesive coated tapes and foams. Budnick remains on the leading edge of adhesive tape converting technology; currently utilizing over 50 cutting, slitting, laminating, printing and spooling machines to convert materials into labor saving customized parts. For more information on Budnick, please visit our website at www.budnick.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: Repair and maintain all plant and building equipment.
QUANTITATIVE DATA: Continuous lifting, moving, standing, and handling of production materials and equipment. Must have the capability of lifting up to 55 lbs. intermittently throughout the shift. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate machinery properly. Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping and bending. Sufficient vision acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate and/or work on machines.
- Repair and maintain all plant equipment following quality work instructions and OSHA requirements when repairing, installing and/or modifying equipment.
- Maintain the building including the grounds.
- Clean department machines and work area on a daily basis. Work as a team to ensure entire production area is clean and clutter free.
- Complete preventative maintenance on all equipment as suggested by the Manufacturer and NIST requirements.
- Ordering of parts when necessary.
- Perform duties safely and maintain high level of safety awareness. Follow operation standard and all department policies and company directives.
- Assist in process improvements.
- Assists with other projects and tasks as required by management.
- Member of Safety Team
Skills: Good organizational and problem-solving skills required. Should have electrical mechanical controls knowledge and strong trouble shooting skills. Sufficient reading/writing ability to follow work instructions and directions.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required; an industrial maintenance degree is preferred with a minimum of 3-5 years maintenance and/or technical experience.
Ability: Work cooperatively with a variety of individuals. Adapt to interruptions, changes, emergencies, repetition and pressure without losing effectiveness and composure.
HOURS: 6:00am – 2:30pm, Monday – Friday
BENEFITS: We offer a full benefit package including paid vacation, holidays, $25,000 of life insurance and short term and long term disability benefit. We also offer medical (premiums paid 100% by Budnick for the basic plan), dental & vision insurance and a 401K retirement plan with a company match of 25% of the 1st 6% the employee contributes.
Interested Candidates should apply on-line at www.budnick.com, under About Us - Careers.
Starting salary $25 - $30/hr.
Equal Opportunity Employer
340 Parkway Drive
Columbia, IL 62236
M-F 8am - 4:30pm CST