Budnick Converting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, IL (in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area), is a privately held and female owned corporation. Budnick’s primary focus is specialty converting of adhesive coated tapes and foams. Budnick remains on the leading edge of adhesive tape converting technology; currently utilizing over 50 cutting, slitting, laminating, printing and spooling machines to convert materials into labor saving customized parts. For more information on Budnick, please visit our website at www.budnick.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: Performs the accounts receivable function of invoicing, posting checks, preparing checks for bank deposit and contacting customers on past due accounts. Responsible for greeting phone and walk in customers.
QUANTITATIVE DATA: Must be able to remain in stationary sitting position for 75% of the time. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. This position requires frequent communication with customers and other employees; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations in a positive manner. Must be able to drive a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct them to the appropriate employee.
- Greet guests, let employees know appointments have arrived, ensure guests have signed-in and out, hand out applications.
- Create invoices and mail, e-mail or upload to customer’s portal. Import sales numbers to Budnick’s report website.
- Prepare checks for deposit, process ACH/Wire payment daily from online bank detail and enter cash receipts. Take the deposit to the bank.
- Document and log all customer contact in the computer system for tracking purposes.
- Works with customers to collect past due balances.
- Maintain lobby - Sample display, Christmas Tree, Christmas cards, etc. Perform general office maintenance duties.
- Pickup mail from post office. Distribute mail into employee’s mailboxes.
- File paperwork as needed, keeping filing cabinets in order.
- Create events calendar(s) and create and schedule kitchen days. Update communication on TV slides and birthday/anniversary board.
- Assist with lunch orders for meetings/birthdays. Assist in organizing company events such as: customer service week, sales meetings, company picnics, Christmas parties, etc.
- Organize and assist in wellness events.
- Solicit sponsors and create employee discount cards.
- Work together with Accounts Payable Clerks on coverage of front desk and phones during the day.
- Work in conjunction with customer service, estimators & shipping to ensure that the customer’s business is handled accurately.
- Perform duties safely and maintain high level of safety awareness.
- Assist in the development of long-term company strategies & helps implement the plan(s) developed.
- Alert Manager to conditions that create delays or affect quality of production work in a timely manner, assisting in adjustments and changes needed to meet established deadlines.
- Follow operation standards and all department policies and company directives and assist with other projects and tasks as required by management.
Skills: Good organizational and problem-solving skills required. Should have a working competency with all office equipment.
Ability: Conduct business in a professional, positive and courteous manner. Listen effectively, respond clearly, write legible and read a variety of written orders/instructions. Work cooperatively with a variety of individuals. Adapt to interruptions, changes, emergencies, repetition and pressure without losing effectiveness and composure.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Course work related to general business, accounts receivable or industry specific topics helpful.
Experience: 1 plus year of accounts receivable experience helpful.
Quantitative Data: Office Environment
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, M-F
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Pay: Hourly wage
BENEFITS: We offer a full benefit package including the following, that are paid 100% by the company: vacation, holidays, $25,000 of life insurance and short term and long-term disability benefits. We also offer medical (premium cost shared with company), dental & vision insurance and a 401K retirement plan with a company match of 25% of the 1st 6% the employee contributes.
Interested Candidates should apply on-line by clicking the Apply Now link below and completing an application or or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB DUTIES PERFORMED BY THE PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
340 Parkway Drive
Columbia, IL 62236
M-F 8am - 4:30pm CST