Production Quality Systems Specialist
Budnick Converting, Inc., headquartered in Columbia, IL (in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area), is a privately held and female owned corporation. Budnick’s primary focus is specialty converting of adhesive coated tapes and foams. Budnick remains on the leading edge of adhesive tape converting technology; currently utilizing over 60 die-cutting, slitting, laminating, printing (including flexographic printing), label making and spooling machines to convert materials into labor saving customized parts. For more information on Budnick, please visit our website at www.budnick.com.
POSITION PURPOSE: Provide support and assistance to the Budnick production staff in all phases of the quality control system program implementation. Check for and ensure conformance to all Budnick’s quality processes and procedures. Serve as a resource for help in setting up new and difficult production jobs.
QUANTITATIVE DATA: Involves lifting, moving & handling production materials and equipment. Physical ability to do work requiring frequent walking, stooping, bending. Must be able to remain in stationary sitting position for 20% of the time. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. This position requires frequent communication with customers, vendors and other employees; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must have the ability to visually inspect parts.
- Answer production questions on product issues, work instructions, machine set-up and other quality questions.
- Perform 1st article and final inspections. Perform in-process, new and returned materials inspections to verify compliance to material specifications. Serve as back-up for warehouse inspections as needed if a warehouse employee is out.
- Review 1st order set ups as needed; serving as a final set of eyes to verify all information is correct. Assist in creating, implementing and managing quality work instruction files, updating when required by production. Help employees get more photos in work instructions for set up, finished product, packaging, etc. Update work instructions as things occur to help eliminate future problems.
- Approve 1st order packaging. Help determine packaging for new/odd jobs.
- Request, create and/or file certificates of conformance and other quality documentation if other quality employees are unavailable to do the task.
- Responsible for assisting in identifying areas for process improvements for production. Give suggestions for process improvements involving processes, computer systems, lot numbers, hand-held devices & general production efficiencies.
- Create/ Assist in creating and maintaining customer PPAPs and IMDS. Including conducting dimensional material measurements.
- Assist in maintaining the Customer Feedback System. Working with department managers on establishing root cause analysis and corrective actions. Document Internal findings.
- Assist in performing vendor returns and generating basic paperwork related to vendor returns including: internal non-conformances. Assists in sorting of parts when necessary.
- Serve as a resource to Team Leaders to help determine good vs bad material; keeping open communication with them regarding issues that could affect production lead time. Documenting disposition in Epicor.
- Assist in maintaining document and data control of all QMS documents.
- Assist with training employees on the Quality System, Quality Objectives and the Quality Policy.
- Perform duties safely and maintain high level of safety awareness.
- Assist in development of long- and short-term Quality Control strategies & implement the plans developed.
- Assist in communicating quality system accomplishments to the Quality Systems Manager and alerting personnel to conditions that create delays or affect quality of production work in a timely manner, assisting in adjustments and changes needed to meet established deadlines.
- Follow operation standards and all department policies and company directives.
- Assists with other projects and tasks as required by management.
Skills: Good organizational and problem-solving skills are required. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required. Should have a working competency with all office equipment. Intermediate computer skills required – must have intermediate level of Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
Ability: Conduct business in a professional, positive and courteous manner. Listen effectively, respond clearly, write legible and read a variety of written orders/instructions. Ability to work on multiple projects within different departments. Adapt to interruptions, changes, emergencies, repetition and pressure without losing effectiveness or composure.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System preferred. Coursework in Microsoft Word and Excel software desired.
Quantitative Data: Production and Office Environment
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, M-F
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Pay: Hourly wage - $17 - $20 per hour
BENEFITS: We offer a full benefit package including the following that are paid 100% by the company: vacation, holidays, $25,000 of life insurance and short term and long term disability benefits. We also offer medical (premium cost shared with company), dental & vision insurance and a 401K retirement plan with a company match of 25% of the 1st 6% the employee contributes.
Interested Candidates should apply on-line at www.budnick.com, under About Us - Careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY PEOPLE ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL JOB DUTIES PERFORMED BY THE PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
340 Parkway Drive
Columbia, IL 62236
M-F 8am - 4:30pm CST